Lunch and Learn with a Legislator (Naperville)
Thursday, Nov. 21
The NIU Alumni Association invites you to learn more about Illinois state politics, how state government functions and the role and presence NIU has in state government from noon-1:15 p.m. on Nov. 21. Speakers include Illinois State Senator Laura Ellman, NIU Chief of Staff Matt Streb and NIU State Legislative Liaison Jenna Mitchell. This event will take place at the NIU Naperville Campus, 1120 E Diehl Road.
- 11:30–11:55 a.m.: Check-in.
- 11:55 a.m.–noon: Welcome.
- Noon–12:20 p.m.: Introductory overview of Illinois’ legislative session and policy creation. Presented by Matt Streb, Ph.D, NIU Chief of Staff and Liaison to the Board of Trustees, Office of the President.
- 12:20–12:40 p.m.: Springfield from a legislator’s perspective. Presented by State Senator Laura Ellman, member of the Senate Higher Education Committee and NIU Caucus.
- 12:40–1 p.m.: Northern Illinois University in Springfield. Presented by Jenna Mitchell, NIU State Legislative Liaison, Office of the President.
- 1–1:15 p.m.: Question and answer session.
The presentation is $10 and includes boxed lunches with a choice of sandwich or salad, chips, fresh fruit salad, cookie and drink.
- Tuscan Chicken – Grilled chicken breast with roasted red pepper, sautéed red onion, provolone and sun dried tomato pesto on focaccia.
- Roast beef with pepper jack ciabatta – with lettuce, tomato and sweet & spicy peppadew relish.
- Caprese Ciabatta – Sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and fresh basil pesto.
- Quinoa Salad – with dried apricots, raisins and toasted almonds served over field greens with a lemon cumin vinaigrette.
Attendees have the option to receive one credit of continuing education credit for attending. The cost for the certificate is $5.
**ALL SALES FINAL – NO REFUNDS**