NIU Advocacy Day - CANCELED
Wednesday, April 1
Your NIU story is important to our conversation with state legislators!
NIU President Dr. Lisa C. Freeman and the NIU Alumni Association invite you to share your NIU story and University's legislative priorities with current legislators during the second annual NIU Advocacy Day.
NIU Advocacy Day will take place Wednesday, April 1, from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Illinois State Capitol in Springfield. A reception will take place from 5 to 7 p.m. at Boones Saloon, 301 West Edwards St., Springfield.
If you plan on attending, be sure to check out visitspringfieldillinois.com for the best places to dine or spend the night!
Room Block information:
- State House Inn
- 101 East Adams St. Springfield, IL 62520
- Block listed under: "NIU Alumni Block" for April 1.
- Rate: $99 plus taxes.
Please contact Liz McKee, 815-753-7400, with any questions.
Advocacy Day Information
- 11:30 a.m.-noon: Check-in and lunch (Hall of Flags, 501 S Second Street Springfield)
- 1-4:30 p.m.: Advocacy in the State Capitol (Capitol and Stratton Building)
- 4-4:30 p.m.: Advocacy Day Wrap-up (Stratton Building)
- 5-7 p.m.: Advocacy Day Reception (Boones Saloon, 301 West Edwards St., Springfield)