Italy’s Florence and Rome
Dates: 3/7/2019 to 3/16/2019
With their historical magnificence, mighty ruins, superb art, and amazing Italian cuisine, Florence and Rome have attracted the world’s people for centuries.
This tour encompasses classical Italy and includes a visit to the Galleria dell’ Accademia to see Michelangelo’s statue of David, the Ponte Vecchio bridge in Florence, Ostia Antica, ancient and monumental Rome, the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and the Roman Colosseum.
We will experience the beauty and timelessness of San Gimignano, a virtually untouched medieval city-state in Tuscany, and we’ll take a rail journey to Venice to walk in the Basilica and the Piazza of San Marco.
The trip includes:
• Round-trip airfare from Chicago
• Accommodations and ground transportation
• Buffet breakfast daily and three evening dinners
• Five nights in Florence and three nights in Rome
After registering for this trip, you will pay a $500 deposit.
*Companion travelers need to register and pay separately so personal information is recorded.
- Cost: $3,779 per person, double occupancy
- Single supplement is an additional $650
NIU Alumni Association